I know, I was doing so well posting. And then, well I don’t know. Sometimes when I don’t post much its because I am busy. Sometimes it is because I am in a bad mood and don’t want to write. Sometimes it is because I can’t think of something good to write about it. I know some people make it a point to write every day or every _ days. I can’t decide if I would like that or it if would feel like just one more thing to do. Blogging is weird. A journal somewhat, yet one that everyone can read! Crazy!
Anyway, I figured it was well overdue time for a post so here goes a nice bullet point one.
- It snowed last week! Cray Cray! I woke up to a text from a friend saying to look outside at the light dusting but figured that would be the end of it. As I walked to class, it was raining lightly and I started realizing that there was something more than just rain, kind of like sleet. I don’t know at what point it turned to snow, but all during my 4 hour class I got to watch it snow out the window and it was so pretty. It snowed all day and some more the next day. Maybe I’ll write another post about that. E enjoyed it!
- We have had a few Christmas activities but nothing like last year! We had a big party to go to on the 15th. Then last Friday we had a fun Christmas movie night with some friends. We just got home from a fun and yummy dinner at a friends. Then on Christmas day, some people are coming over for lunch and then we are going somewhere for dinner. So some small gatherings that are nice, although I do really miss family right now. It is nice to have something to do.
- Class is going well. There are lots of Koreans in there and they don’t want to talk much so I get to have lots of talking practice.
- I have started rereading the Jannette Oke series “When Calls the Heart”. Did anyone read that, oh, in say, middle school or high school? I did when I got on a big Jannette Oke and religious fiction kick. I like those books. An adventurous school teacher to goes out to the west of Canada and falls in love with a Mountie. The first of that series was free on kindle a while back so I bought it. I read it in like two days this weekend so then I bought the second one of the series. That is totally their marketing strategy in making a first book in a series free, but oh well. It is comforting to me to reread old books. The characters are like old friends. I already know them and know what will happen.
- Its funny that we both may do some shopping tomorrow on Christmas Eve, but there will be NO crowds!!
- Here people celebrate New Year sort of like how many in America celebrate Christmas. I mean trees, decorations, and giving gifts. Not the part about celebrating Jesus’s birth. It is so weird to me. Who decided to morph one holiday into another?
- Right now I am planning to make some traditional fare for lunch on Christmas day. I did tell C, however, due to the fact that it is my first Christmas in a foreign country where I will not see family, that I reserve the right to lose it that day and just order McDonalds to go. I mean I want to eat the yummy stuff I am planning to cook, but I also want to give myself an out in case it is just too much.
- What are you Christmas plans? Is anyone still reading?